IRBIS can repair furnace issues of any size or scope. If your furnace isn’t working properly, call us for professional service in San Jose and our certified technicians will get it running again as fast as possible.
Furnace Repair Service in San Jose
Our licensed technicians have the training, skills, and tools to quickly diagnose and repair gas and electric furnaces. IRBIS Heating Cooling Plumbing responds immediately when your heater stops working on a chilly night. This is not a situation when you want to be waiting for help to arrive. Fortunately, our team is prompt and arrives equipped to repair any make or model of furnace.
We’re also committed to making the process as stress free as possible. Before we arrive, we’ll text you alerts on when to expect our technicians, and will provide detailed reports on our work. Discounts, financing, and maintenance plans are available as well to ensure your furnace needs are addressed. We can also help you achieve long-term savings.
Warning Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
If you need furnace repair, especially gas furnace repair, the situation can not only be inconvenient, but dangerous too. The most common warning signs to look for include:
- No Heat: A dirty filter, faulty thermostat, or failed pilot light or ignition can cause a furnace to blow cold air. Other components, such as blower fans and gas valves, may be involved.
- Sulfur Odor: Sulfur or rotten egg odors are due to a compound added to natural gas. If you smell it, assume you have a natural gas leak.
- Burning Smells: Dust and dirt can settle inside the furnace when it’s not in use. This will burn off the first time you use it for the season. Consistent burning odors indicate a more serious HVAC/furnace problem.
- Carbon Monoxide Alarm: A common source of carbon monoxide is the combustion of natural gas; if there’s a heat exchanger or ventilation problem, CO gas can escape. Soot, smoke stains, and condensation are also signs carbon monoxide is present.
- Short Cycling: If the heater turns on and off frequently, a damaged component such as a thermocouple or fan limiter may be the cause, or a flame sensor may be dirty.
- Blower Stays On: If it won’t shut off, the fan limit switch may not be set properly, or there may be a shorted wire somewhere in the system.
- Loud Furnace: Loud noise at startup may be due to a buildup of natural gas during ignition. If you hear a buzzing sound from the furnace, there could be an electrical problem. Whining, banging, and groaning sounds are of concern too.
- High Energy Bills: If the thermostat isn’t working correctly, a vent is clogged, or an air filter is dirty, your furnace will run less efficiently and use more fuel and power.
How to Avoid Issues with Your Furnace
You can trust us anytime for emergency furnace repair in San Jose. However, there are ways to avoid furnace breakdowns and other emergencies. One is to change the air filter at least every 90 days, which improves airflow and reduces strain on the motor and other parts. Another is to schedule routine furnace maintenance. Regular inspections, minor repairs, and tune-ups can allow your furnace to run without problems and for longer. In fact, a well-maintained unit can last anywhere from 15 to 20 years or more.
Call Us in the South Bay for Furnace Repair Service Today
When you need furnace repair, IRBIS can respond in an emergency or schedule a consultation to assess your problem. We’ll not only inspect your heating system, but your entire home, for AC, thermostat, electrical, and ductwork problems. Our technicians are always looking to ensure your home is comfortable and safe. You can expect us to fix any problem right the first time.
For professional furnace repair service in San Jose and elsewhere in the Bay Area, call 669-266-5464 today.