IRBIS Heating Cooling Plumbing is a leading AC maintenance services company in San Jose. We’ll ensure your AC is problem-free, tuned-up, and efficient this summer.
Benefits of AC Maintenance Service
We believe HVAC systems should be affordable to run and not cause you any concern. The best way to achieve these objectives is regular AC maintenance. Our technicians are familiar with every make and model of air conditioner and have the training and tools to keep your AC in the best shape possible.
As such, you are likely to see benefits such as:
- Lower Risk of Repairs and Breakdowns: Seasonal or even annual AC maintenance addresses minor issues that can escalate into AC breakdowns and the need for expensive repairs.
- Reduced Operating Costs: Changing filters, lubricating moving parts, and cleaning coils and other components allows your AC to run more efficiently, potentially reducing utility bills.
- Improved Air Quality: In addition to providing new air filters, our technicians can clean dust, dander, pollen, and other pollutants from AC components and ductwork.
With proper maintenance, you can have the peace of mind knowing your AC will run well this season. The system may even last longer, saving the hassle and expense of replacing it prematurely.
Air Conditioner Filter Replacement
Replacing the filter is an essential part of AC unit maintenance. A clogged filter can cause your system to run inefficiently, while reduced air flow can cause the AC to work harder. Over time, this can lead to more frequent repairs. Dirty filters can also reduce indoor air quality and make your home dustier. Therefore, AC filters should be replaced four times a year. If your air conditioner is used more frequently, you may want to consider doing so every month. We can install high MERV rated filters to remove the smallest particulates so your air is even cleaner.
Why IRBIS Is the Best
AC Tune-Up Services
An AC tune-up is a critical part of maintenance. It includes an inspection of coolant levels, system pressure, and components such as the condenser, fan, and outdoor disconnect switch. We can clean the evaporator coil, condensate drain, and other components as well. During a tune-up, our technicians will also calibrate the thermostat and inspect electrical wiring, contacts, relays, and other electrical components to ensure your AC can be run safely. Our AC techs run through a full checklist so no detail goes uncovered.
Check Out Our AC Maintenance Options
Annual Membership Plan – $299
Two free maintenance visits per year
Free diagnostic services
On-demand service within 48 hours
20% discount on labor for AC repair
5% discount on replacement or installation
Spring/Summer AC Maintenance Checklist
- Replace the air filter
- Clean the evaporator coil
- Clean and unclog the condensate drain
- Remove standing water from the drain pan
- Clean the condenser unit
- Clear the area surrounding the condenser unit
- Verify the condenser is level
- Check and straighten condenser fins
- Test the refrigerant level/check for leaks
- Perform an airflow test
- Inspect the motor and belts
- Test electronic and safety controls
- Check ductwork for air leaks
- Inspect, clean, and tighten connections
- Test the thermostat
Fall/Winter AC Maintenance Checklist
- Remove dirt and debris buildup from coils
- Clean the drain line and pan to prevent mold
- Check for a low refrigerant charge
- Inspect belts and pulleys for wear
- Inspect ducts for contamination
- Change the furnace air filter
- Clean the registers and ducts
- Check the furnace for leaks, corrosion, or unusual noises
- Test the thermostat heat function
- Test your carbon monoxide detector
- Check the fan and blower; adjust if necessary
- Inspect and tighten electrical connections
One-Time Full Maintenance – $225 for Both AC and Heating
Full HVAC Maintenance Checklist
- Clean all system coils
- Check drain lines and clear any blockages
- Replace worn-out belts and pulleys
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect the ductwork
- Check/test thermostats and electronic controls
- Test the fan and blower
- Inspect the heat exchanger/heating elements
- Check for gas leaks (with a gas furnace)
Air Conditioning Tune-Up – $69
List of services under Tune up:
- Check the refrigerant lines
- Inspect the coils for dirt
- Change the filter
- Examine the blower motor
- Check the overflow safety switch
- Test the motor capacitors
- Check the contactor
- Check the AC unit for leaks
- Inspect the disconnect box
- Test and calibrate the thermostat
- Check for bugs or rodents
- Check the fan blade balance
- Measure AC amperage draw
Schedule Air Conditioner Maintenance in the Bay Area Today
We’re trusted throughout the South Bay region for help with central AC maintenance. If it’s time to schedule maintenance or your air conditioner isn’t performing as well as it should, our team can troubleshoot it, diagnose the cause, and provide any remedy needed. To schedule AC maintenance in San Jose, give us a call at 669-266-5464 or book service online.
If you want to keep your HVAC system running at its peak, give us a call. We’re the leading experts at AC maintenance in San Jose, CA. You can reach us at 669.COOLING or by sending us a message through our website.