Airborne contaminants such as dust, dirt, mold, and bacteria may be circulating in the air throughout your home. These can contaminate your HVAC system from within or even outside and reduce indoor air quality, or IAQ. In the Bay Area, concerns over smog, wildfires, and even pandemics can exacerbate the situation. At IRBIS, we have the tools and equipment to rid homes in the South Bay of harmful microorganisms and pollutants so you can breathe easier and live more comfortably.
How We Can Help
Indoor air quality services are important for maintaining your HVAC system and home. First, we use the latest indoor air quality monitors to identify what’s polluting your home and in what concentrations. The simplest way to address any issues is to install ultraviolet (UV) lamps in your air conditioning system.
While UV light from the sun can be harmful to humans, these lamps target only bacteria, viruses, dust mites, mold spores, and other tiny pathogens. Ultimately, it can help reduce allergies and illnesses as well as eliminate odors. A UV air scrubber kills microbes at the molecular level, damaging their DNA to the point they cannot reproduce. This makes it a highly effective solution.
But, if necessary, we can consider and install other air filtration solutions. These include filters with higher filtration ratings, or we can provide more advanced air cleaning systems, humidity controls, or duct cleaning. In addition, duct repair can seal spaces in ductwork that allow pollutants in from outside. By testing your air, we can determine how to improve indoor air quality in San Jose and make your home a healthier place.
Why IRBIS is the best:
Benefits of Indoor Air Quality Testing
Improving IAQ begins with thorough inspections and testing. Proper evaluation allows the trained, certified technicians at IRBIS to identify any issues present, the right equipment to use, and where to install it, so you can see benefits such as:
- Reduction in Common Contaminants: Dust and pollen build up in ducts, which should be inspected at least once a year, while air filters should be changed every 30 to 90 days. Dust is often accompanied by dust mites, which produce an enzyme that can cause allergic reactions if inhaled. High humidity, condensation, and warm temperatures can support mold growth that can lead to odors and a range of health effects. We’re experienced and equipped to address all types of contamination.
- Improvements in Comfort: Indoor air quality testing, and correcting issues found, can alleviate allergies and other symptoms. If indoor humidity is higher than it should be, your home will feel warm and sticky. Lowering humidity can help improve comfort, but addressing low humidity can mitigate issues such as static electricity, dry skin, and susceptibility to viruses. Overall, improved IAQ makes it easier to breathe, sleep, and enjoy your time at home.
- Increased Energy Efficiency: If your home has air quality issues, chances are it’s poorly ventilated, which can strain your HVAC system. The harder it works, the more energy it consumes, increasing energy costs. Proper ventilation and pollution control means having cleaner air and an air conditioning system that doesn’t have to work as hard on hot or cold days.
- Reduced HVAC Operating Costs: Addressing IAQ issues eliminates many factors that can strain your heating and cooling system. In the long run, this can mean fewer repairs and extending the life of the system. High service costs can therefore be avoided.
- Improved Productivity and Learning: The potential cognitive effects of air pollutants can reduce productivity whether working at home or in an office. If you have young children at home, poor air quality can impact their learning as well, which can lead to lower test scores and overall academic performance. Indoor air quality testing helps find the cause and eliminate it.
Schedule an Appointment Today in the Bay Area
At IRBIS, you can trust our technicians for professional indoor air quality services in your San Jose or South Bay home. Our staff receives ongoing training and education in the latest trends in testing and equipment installation. Allergy symptoms, strange odors, and reduced efficiency can be signs of an IAQ problem. Don’t ignore the problem. Schedule indoor air quality testing and HVAC maintenance so we can help. To get started, book your service appointment online or call 669-266-5464 today
Schedule indoor air quality testing and HVAC maintenance