IRBIS is a leading water heater replacement company in the Bay Area. As your water heater ages, it will require repairs and become less reliable. You may suddenly have a cold shower or a ruptured tank that causes a flood. At the very least, the unit will lose efficiency and cost you more in service and energy costs.
Our professionals are fully certified and licensed to handle every technical aspect of installing your replacement water heater. We use the highest quality products and guarantee excellent customer service. You’ll know exactly when our technicians will arrive, and they’ll explain the entire process in detail, from completing a home inspection to the final installation. Expertise in how to replace a water heater correctly and safely ensures you have years of trouble-free hot water service.
Signs It’s Time for Water Heater Replacement
Water heater issues often develop over time. Regular use, corrosion, and general wear and tear can cause underlying problems to add up, leading to issues such as:
- Decrease in Hot Water Supply: If you have no hot water or it runs out quickly, a gas water heater may have a faulty pilot light or an electric unit may have a failed heating element.
- Rusty or Discolored Water: Rust-colored water from the faucet often means the water heater tank is corroding, or the supply lines are rusted and deteriorated.
- Leaks and Pooling Water: Whether you see water dripping down the side of the tank or pooling on the floor around it, serious damage must be addressed by a professional.
- Strange and Unusual Noises: Cracking and popping from the tank can mean mineral or sediment buildup. The heating elements may be failing as well.
- Strange and Undesirable Odors and Tastes: A breakdown of the material in the tank can cause water to smell and taste metallic.
The age of your water heater is a factor as well. Most tank water heaters last 8 to 12 years. If you have a unit on the upper end of this range or beyond that develops serious problems, it’s likely time to replace it.
Why IRBIS is the best:
Types of Water Heaters IRBIS Installs
At IRBIS, our technicians install different types of water heaters in San Jose, Fremont, Menlo Park, Mountain View, and other communities across the Bay Area. These include:
- Tank Water Heaters: We can install a conventional unit whether you require a 75-, 50-, or 40-gallon water heater replacement. Our technicians specialize in installing natural gas-, propane-, fuel oil-, and electric-powered water heaters.
- Tankless Water Heaters: A tankless system is on only when a hot water tap is running, saving a great deal of energy. These on-demand water heaters are more compact than their traditional counterparts, so they save a lot of space.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters: Hybrid water heaters use a fan, evaporator, compressor, and refrigerant to use ambient air to heat water. Electric resistance elements serve as a backup should the demand exceed the supply.
Water Heater Replacement Process
Whether we are replacing a tankless water heater or a traditional unit in San Jose, IRBIS follows a tried and tested process to ensure it goes right. Our technicians first evaluate your current system. They’ll quickly determine when to replace the water heater or repair the existing one.
If replacement is necessary, our team will assess your hot water needs and help select a unit suited for your home. Your old water heater will be removed and your home prepared for the new equipment. Once we install the new unit, we’ll test it to ensure the system meets all performance, safety, and efficiency requirements.
Benefits of Water Heater Replacement
By replacing a water heater, you can see benefits such as:
- Increased energy efficiency
- Reduced energy bills
- Improved reliability
- More hot water
- Quieter performance
- Fewer repair costs
Questions About Water Heaters
How Often Should I Replace My Water Heater?
After a water heater replacement, you should have reliable hot water for at least 10 years. Electric water heaters tend to last longer than gas units, and tankless units can last 20 years or more. Proper use and maintenance can increase the lifespan of your water heater.
What Does It Cost to Install a Water Heater?
Tank water heaters vary in cost depending on the size of the tank. A tankless model generally costs more to install, but their efficiency can make up the difference over time. Factoring in equipment costs, labor fees, and home improvements if needed, the project can cost a few hundred to several thousand dollars.
What Time of the Year Should I Buy a Water Heater?
If you can wait until January, clearance sales after the holidays can help you save. However, early fall is when the latest models typically come out. You can take advantage of turnover during September or October and save on earlier models.
Why Choose IRBIS HVAC for Water Heater Replacement
Experienced professionals, high-quality products and materials, and competitive pricing make us the best water heater replacement company in the Bay Area. We also provide exceptional customer service, special offers, and financing to help you budget for a new water heater. You can receive your next replacement water heater hassle-free. Our team will ensure you have a reliable hot water supply and an energy-efficient unit that runs safely and reliably for many years.
Schedule your consultation or service appointment today by calling 669-266-5464.