An air conditioner consists of numerous components that can wear out over time. That’s why HVAC contractors recommend annual maintenance. But an issue can arise before the next tune-up. In this article, we’ll discuss signs you may need AC repair in Redwood City, CA, and why you should call a licensed professional.
An HVAC Professional Can Address Any Sign of Trouble
A licensed and trained AC contractor has the tools, equipment, and expertise to troubleshoot a problem. Regardless of the brand or model, they can resolve the issue and ensure your AC works properly. Therefore, call for help if your air conditioner:
- Doesn’t Provide Cool Air: If your home is warmer than usual or your AC is blowing hot air, the unit needs to be repaired. A professional will quickly determine if the reason is a faulty capacitor, a failing compressor, or a different issue.
- Is Not Controlling Humidity: Aside from regulating room temperature, an AC removes moisture from the air in your home. Otherwise, high humidity can lead to condensation, mold, and wood rot. A professional will look for a dirty filter or clogged drain. They may also need to clean the condenser coil or determine if the unit is properly sized.
- Turns Off By Itself: Air conditioners turn on and off regularly. If the unit suddenly shuts off, it may have a clogged filter, dirty or damaged evaporator coil, or blocked drain line. These are just some issues a technician will check for and fix when providing AC repair in Redwood City.
- Has Weak Airflow: A clogged filter can block the flow of air. But if changing the filter doesn’t help, have a technician look for fan, motor, ductwork, or electrical issues. Such issues can contribute to increased energy usage and higher energy bills.
- Is Making Loud Noises: A loose part is a common cause of AC noise. If a part is loose or broken, continuing to use the AC will lead to more damage. Without repairs, the system may stop working altogether and have to be replaced.
- Is Releasing Bad Odors: Dust, dirt, and debris trapped in the unit may release odors. Various smells can come from pests that find their way inside. A musty odor can mean mold is present; a burning smell often means a wire or electrical component is faulty.
HVAC Technicians Work Quickly
To meet an HVAC company’s high standards, an AC repair technician will arrive promptly and be courteous and professional. They will immediately begin assessing the symptoms and inspecting your AC system. And since they travel with the tools and parts needed to fix common problems, they can usually resolve the matter on the same day.
A Professional Can Avoid More Costly AC Repairs in Redwood City
A loose belt, dirty evaporator coil, cracked fan blade, or frayed wire may cause minor symptoms at first. But a small issue will only get worse and lead to more damage. Hiring a professional can prevent a more expensive repair later. Always call a licensed, bonded, and insured contractor. They’re less likely to make an error and if anything goes wrong, it’ll be covered so they won’t charge more to fix it.
AC Technicians Get the Job Done Safely
Working with an HVAC system can be dangerous. Licensed professionals train for years under the supervision of more experienced individuals. Attempting a DIY fix can damage the unit and lead to costly repairs. You could also inadvertently cause an electrical malfunction, gas leak, or fire. An expert can avoid such issues and keep your home and family safe.
Call a Professional for AC Repair in Redwood City
At IRBIS, our AC repair techs can fix any problem. They can help improve your HVAC system’s performance, efficiency, and longevity. By also providing preventative maintenance, they can look for signs of wear, replace worn components, and determine when your AC should be repaired or replaced. For service by a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, book your appointment online or call (669) 266-5464 today.